Remember that poll I posted when the Marriage Contract plot and casting was first announced?
As you can probably tell, I am a bit cynical about plots that capitalize on extreme situations. However, Marriage Contract has earned honestly every tear and smile it has wrung from me, and there have been plenty of both.
With only 3 episodes left, it’s time to revisit the poll.
How Will They Save Her?
- MISDIAGNOSIS. She was never sick in the first place.
- SPONTANEOUS RECOVERY. It’s a miracle! Love conquers all!
- A DONOR APPEARS. A relative she never knew she had!
- THEY WON’T. But we’re OK with it, because she becomes a sympathetic ghost watching over her family.
- He makes enough money to send her to Duke University for the new treatment that has cured people with terminal brain cancer.
We can throw out the misdiagnosis option. That ship has sailed.
Ditto for the donor solution. Stop laughing at me – how could I know the affected organ was her brain?! The initial announcements weren’t that specific. And even so, if this was a horror drama… But since it’s melodrama, I think brain transplants are out.
As for resolution number 4, 절대! Don’t ever bring that up again.
Most interesting is the final option on the poll, which was not one of my originals, but was added by a viewer. That’s my favorite, though I wouldn’t say no to a spontaneous remission either.
Going to America is a solution for so many things in Kdrama that it’s an awful cliche, but Marriage Contract has successfully overridden many cliches already. I’m sure they could make it stick. And LSJ just spoke English in episode 11, so there you go.
Meet you at the airport.
Lee Seo Jin to Star in Upcoming Drama – Poll
Marriage Contract Off to a Strong Start
Marriage Contract – I Do
KDrama Word of the Day: Bison (Hand Rubbing)
Dramas with Lee Seo Jin